Traveling with an 18 month old has its share of challenges. Foremost on my mind - my son isn't toilet trained, which means traveling with the bulk of diapers and wipes and also shopping for them as we travel through these countries. He still drinks from a bottle, so I will have to make arrangements to sterilize bottles before each feed. And my next big concern is keeping him occupied on long train journeys.
And ofcourse I am worried that my toddler will catch some bug/flu/virus that will make him horribly sick....
Here is the list I am working on -
1. Buy cloth diapers (for times that disposables may not be available)
2. Assemble medical kit (different from first-aid kit)
3. Buy comprehensive medical insurance for emergency evacuation
4. Schedule appointment with a pediatric travel specialist
5. Select light weight board books, coloring books and sticker books for long train journeys
6. Buy outfits that can be used for the next 6 months
7. Try and break the bottle habit before we travel
8. Assemble my son`s favorite CDs into a light carrier case
9. Research alternative baby carrier options to upgrade to(we have used ERGO for the last 18 months and love it.)
10. Buy durable walking shoes for my toddler