With less that 12 hours to the trip, I am panic stricken about all that can happen to us, more so to my 18 month old son than T or myself.
As I was packing today and putting together our first aid kit, T's friend - Robert who is with us in Kerala right now and has traveled extensively around the world said, "A First aid kit is like an African talisman - you hope that by packing one, you ward away any potential hazard and never have to use it."
By cataloging my fears now, I hope to look back at the end of the trip and examine if my fears were baseless or within reason.
1. Either one of us will break a leg or arm
2. T or I being jailed or imprisoned without fault
3. Being unable to find lodging for a night in a strange city
4. My son getting lost or kidnapped
5. T or I being victims of a racist attack or being physically attacked or mugged
6. My son falling sick and requiring hospitalisation
7. Being cashless and being unable to access an ATM or use our credit cards
8. Physical and mental exhaustion from living out of a backpack for over 12 weeks ( somehow I guess 12 weeks will be a turning point for me - by then I will know if I will love this trip or hate it!)